My Capsule Wardrobe-Wardrobe Architect Week 9
I’m starting to plan out what I’ll be making for my Capsule Wardrobe for the Spring/Summer! Last weeks post over at Wardrobe Architect for Week 9 was so helpful for narrowing down my ideas into what I really need in my wardrobe. Spring is definitely in the air and I’m excited to start sewing! Here are my paired down major looks for the spring from my polyvore sets:
Look 1: Tank, Linen/ Lightweight Pants, Sandals
Look 2: Cropped Tee, Long Skirt, Pretty Underthings, Tote, Flats
Look 3: Knit Natural Waist Dress
Look 4: Short Sleeve Blouse/Tank, Shorts, Sandals/Flats
All these looks also work mixed together which should make for a very versatile wardrobe. As far as sewing goes I already have some me-made skirts, some great linen pants, and a few me-made blouses for these looks. I’m planning on sticking to my wider color palette and not narrowing it down like suggested in Week 10 since most of my clothes are worn year round due to our temperate weather and I really want to have a more colorful wardrobe. So my makes for the season will be:
* new pretty underthings- I’m using the bra making books from Jennifer Lynne Matthews-Fairbanks, Bare Essentials Series ( Bras and Underwear) and ordered my supplies through her site, Porcelynne’s Fabric Boutique :) I really need some new underwear as I’m finally back to my pre-breastfeeding sizing :( At one point I was up to a DD but now back to an A cup.
* more tops, tanks cropped shirts and blouses! I definitely have a shortage of pieces that work with what I have in my closet currently. Now that I’m back to my smaller size after kids I really need some new pieces that are more fitted. I’m also hoping to use my Bodice Sloper class on Craftsy to draft some of my own patterns for this.
* a knit natural waist dress and a beach wrap dress in a gauzy sheer!
* shorts– I used my jeans pattern to make a muslin version as shorts already. Just need some fabric to make some up. I’ve been waiting for my fav fabric source, Near Sea Naturals to open back up since they just relocated. I’d also like to make a sporty pair in a performance fabric If I can find something I like.
* swimwear! Not listed in my looks but I’m working on drafting a pattern. Already have my fabric- a really cool abstract pattern and a vivid impressionist floral to work with from the Fabric Fairy.
I’m also signing up for Me Made May 2014! Really excited to participate for the first time this year! I’m pledging to wear one handmade piece a day for the month of May! You can find out all about it here at So, Zo…What do you Know’s blog and sign up!