Organic & Sustainable Fabric Sources:
- *Organic Cottons Plus- organic fabrics, fibers and notions. *affiliate link
- Honey be Good– organic fabrics and notions
- Fabric Treasury– Peace/Ahimsa silk, Organic cotton, Indian block print, Natural fabric dye and more.
- WUS– Werkundstuf, German based organics label, organic denim
- Eden Fabrics– organic fabrics
- Simplifi Fabrics– organic fabrics
- Colores del Pueblo- fair trade artisan textiles
Other Fabric Shops:
- Finch Sewing Studio– Nice selection of organic prints and knits.
- Marcy Tilton– Organic knits and some lovely linens. Beautifully curated selection of basics, knits and gorgeous prints.
- Merckwaerdigh-lingerie fabrics
- Porcelynne’s Fabric Boutique-lingerie and supplies
- Rockywood, My favorite source for UPF( sunprotective) and performance fabric.
- The Fabric Fairy-Swim fabric and supplies
- Hawthorne Threads– Good selection of organic cottons
Natural Dyes & Supplies:
- Noon Design Studio– natural dye studio and great easy to use indigo kits
- Aurora Silks– great resource for natural dye supplies and mordants as well as peace silk.
- Maiwa-natural dyes & supplies
- Dharma trading Company– natural dyes and mordants as well as fabrics.
- Botanical Colors– natural dyes and kits plus an informative blog
- Natural Dyes Discussion list
Vogue and McCall Patterns
By Hand London (UK)
Kitschy Coo (UK)
Deer and Doe (FR)
Cloth Habit (lingerie)
Ohhh Lulu Sews (CAN) (lingerie)
- Alabama Chanin– Slow fashion lifestyle brand.
- India Flint– Australian textile and fiber artist and author (fabulous Books on Botanical Dyeing- my fav is EcoColour)
- Rebecca Burgess– teacher and natural dye artisan out of CA. Founder of Ecological Arts and author of Harvesting Color.
- Ecouterre- eco fashion and the future of textiles and clothing
- Permacouture Institute– nonprofit ecofashion and textiles education
- Sustainable Cotton Project
- Ethical Fashion Forum-Global platform for Sustainable Fashion
My Local Resources:
my enlarged local region of FL/Georgia/Alabama/Louisiana/Texas (2000 mile radius)
- Made in USA fabrics from *Organic Cottons Plus (TX) *affiliate link
- Alabama Chanin Sewing Supplies (NC)
- Fibershed Southeast
What I’m reading:
- Vogue Patterns
- Selvedge- amazing textile magazine
- Belle Armoire– eco fashion
- Where Women Create Business– inspiring articles from women craft + fashion business owners
- American Craft
- Green America– green pages directory