I’m back today with a super fun make- these 1940’s Haslam PJ’s with Embroidered Patch Pockets! These are a very wearable muslin made up in some French Twill I naturally dyed with Sappanwood Sawdust. I wanted to make a practice set before sewing up my fancy pj’s in a blue gingham check fabric. I figured while I was at it I might as well make them a bit extra and added my own embroidery pattern with these patch pockets from my Beginner Embroidery Pockets Collection.
If you saw last weeks blog post this top will look very familiar! Here is my Lace Insertion Linen Entredeux Tank. I used a self drafted pattern that has just one seam at Center Front and then drew on my style lines. You could do something similar with any simple pattern. My original pattern had
I’m back today with another dye post! After my adventures with lac a few weeks ago I was ready to move on to Indigo. I bought all my supplies way back in November but with my injury wasn’t able to use them. I was super excited to give a henna vat a go since I’ve
This past weekend the weather was perfect, sunny and breezy, so I broke out the dye pot and did some fun natural dyeing! I had a bunch of pieces waiting for the dye pot that I had planned on dyeing back over the winter holidays. Unfortunately that all got put on hold with my injury.
I’ve been experimenting with shapes as I work to draft some interesting tops and this V Neck Tank is my very wearable muslin. I just love interesting darts and after taking Suzy Furrer’s Craftsy class I’ve been really inspired. This blouse has long french darts in the front and neck darts in the back that
Over the summer I did quite a bit of dyeing using indigo, avocados as well as some floral bundles. That part was easy but figuring out what I want to make with those is always harder. The color was so subtle on both, and not in my usual color palette. The softer colors seemed perfect