Haslam 1940’s Pajamas with Embroidered Patch Pockets

I’m back today with a super fun make- these 1940’s Haslam PJ’s with Embroidered Patch Pockets! These are a very wearable muslin made up in some French Twill I naturally dyed with Sappanwood Sawdust. I wanted to make a practice set before sewing up my fancy pj’s in a blue gingham check fabric. I figured while I was at it I might as well make them a bit extra and added my own embroidery pattern with these patch pockets from my Beginner Embroidery Pockets Collection.

Natural Dyeing- Indigo Henna Vat

I’m back today with another dye post! After my adventures with lac a few weeks ago I was ready to move on to Indigo. I bought all my supplies way back in November but with my injury wasn’t able to use them. I was super excited to give a henna vat a go since I’ve only dyed with indigo twice before, once with a kit which gave great …

Natural Dyeing: Lac

This past weekend the weather was perfect, sunny and breezy, so I broke out the dye pot and did some fun natural dyeing! I had a bunch of pieces waiting for the dye pot that I had planned on dyeing back over the winter holidays. Unfortunately that all got put on hold with my injury. Now that I’m back to almost normal I’m excited to get back to …

Vintage Butterick 4659 Indigo Dyed Pant and Regatta Rib Knit Tank

I’m so in love with this whole look! If you saw my earlier dyeing post here’s the finished results, these 70’s vintage straight-leg pants with patch pockets. You can see the dye is much more subtle now but it really works for this look. I carefully cut out my yardage to keep the pattern lined up across the front, back and pockets. The tank is a happy accident. …

Summer Natural Dyeing

One of the plus sides of spending the summer entirely at home was a bit more time spent experimenting with natural dyes! My husband bought me an indigo kit from Botanical colors back at Christmas that I finally got some time to try my hand at. I also did a bit more avocado dyeing and with my garden in full bloom I did two batches of flower bundling. …

Linen Swing Top

I’m back today with this simple Linen Swing Top made using my Sloper and refashioned from two less than successful makes. The grey stripe voile (given to me by Organic Cottons Plus for review when I made it originally) is from my Bias Layer Dress.  The fit of the grey dress was a bit off in comparison to my blue version.  The dress was just too boxy and the shorter length looked dull. I remade it into another …

Aquarelle Dyeing: Liquid Indigo

I’ve been holding off on my natural dyeing all summer as we’ve been trying to sell our condo. Boy have I missed it!  We had a lull in viewings though in the last week as we prepared for hurricane weather here with Erika-a no show.  I decided a bit of kit dyeing was in order.  I pulled out my as yet unused Aquarelle Liquid Dye kit from Botanical Colors and decided to …