It’s a bit late coming, but I really wanted to share everything I wore this Me Made May! This was my 6th year participating and for the first time I didn’t wear all my makes. My goal this year was to wear all me-mades with no repeats. I didn’t totally accomplish that goal- toward the end I really just wanted to wear some favorites- but I could have. My wardrobe is almost completely hand made at this point-other than underwear which I just don’t enjoy sewing (too fiddly) so there was lots-maybe too much- to choose from.
This May was especially hot. Often I can get away with some fall clothes until the end of the month-not this time around! I really think it would be useful to document my winter/fall wardrobe in the same way I do MMM. Seeing all the ways I’ve mixed my wardrobe is such a benefit. I ended up with just one repeat- my floral skater dress- and that was because I just wanted to wear it again for a school event. I wore 2 different outfits on three days plus swim and pajamas most days as well handmade bags. I just didn’t have the patience to photograph everything.
I’ve linked all the makes below if you’d like more info on the pieces I’m wearing.
Week 1 (Days 1-7)
- Day 1: Holly Red + White Stripe Pants & Guava Tee
- Day 2: Liberty Print Colfax Dress
- Day 3: V9282 Button Detail Culottes & Blue + White Stripe Tee
- Day 4: Floral Odgen Cami & Cream Selvedge Culottes
- Day 5: Mauve Ruska Tank & Embroidered Jeans V8774
- Day 6: M6558 Pacific Grove Tee Dress & Self Drafted Leggings
- Day 7: Shape Shape Indigo Shibori Wrap Skirt & Navy Odgen Cami
Week 2 (days 8-15)
- Day 8: V8774 Embroidered Pocket Jeans & Stripe Tee Version #2
- Day 9: Shape Shape Apron Skirt & Self Drafted capri leggings
- Day 10: Floral Lady Skater Dress
- Day 11: Lina Knitted Tank & Shorts (muslin)
- Day 12: Pear Linen Fiona Dress
- Day 13: Morning- Refashion Skirt Afternoon- Burda Skirt altered to a dress ( blog post coming soon!)
This was my favorite week! Mother’s Day and our Lucky 13th Wedding Anniversary! The kids always make me beautiful handmade gifts plus I got some lovely flowers this year too. We purposely got married on the 13th so we wouldn’t ever forget the date. It worked! My husband took of the day so we could spend it together while the kids were at school. This is our new go-to for “date nights”. Best Anniversary yet! We spent the morning at our community golf course (I drove while Vic played) and then went out for a delicious middle eastern lunch.
Week 3 (days 16-22)
- Day 14: Mauve Ruska Tee & Cream Culottes
- Day 15: Morning- Ikat Lady Skater & Embroidered denim jeans Afternoon- Odgen Cami Refashion & Cream Culottes
- Day 16: Bias Selvedge Tank & White Holly Pants
- Day 17: Indigo Voile Wrap Pants & Guava Tee
- Day 18: Grommet Tank & Red + White Stripe Holly Pants
- Day 19: Refashioned Cutoff Tee & Blue + White Stripe Capri’s
- Day 20:Shape Shape Blouse Dyed with Avocado & Cream Culottes
- Day 21: Shape Shape 2 Wave Wrap Skirt & Blue Tank
- Day 22: Refashioned White Tank & Blue + White Stripe Capri‘s & Blue Tote Bag
Week 4 (days 23-31)
- Day 23: Green Knit Ruska Selvedge Dress (blog post coming soon!)
- Day 24: Floral Lady Skater Dress (REPEAT)
- Day 25: Morning- Refashioned White Tank & Red + White Holly Pants Afternoon- Charlie Caftan & Bikini
- Day 26: V9312 Refashioned Orange + White Dress
- Day 27: Fiona Bodice & Holly Pants
- Day 28: Lekala 5899 Peachy Keen Tank & Cream Culottes
- Day 29: Odgen Cami & White Holly Pants
- Day 30: V1392 Blouse & Cream Culottes
- Day 31: Guava Tee & Shape Shape 2 Wave Wrap Skirt & Blue Tote
What I learned:
- I need more summer pants/shorts. I wore my cream culottes and Holly pants constantly as they’re such good lightweight basics.
- Some of my clothes I just did not want to wear. I have a few pieces that will now be altered (my wrap pants are a PITA to wear!) or reused.
- I need a few more simple tank tops for layering and summer.
- Maybe some more dresses? I haven’t made many in the last few years but I’m really loving wearing them again. They just need to be on the more casual side.
- I realized most of my pj’s are old and ratty ready to wear pieces. I just made a leaf print matched jersey set the other day and it felt so nice to wear something pretty.
Hope you all had a wonderful Me Made May! Happy Sewing!