Well, I made it all the way through the month- filming daily and restyling my makes. And I’m feeling really good about my closet and making everything work with my new style goals.
I kept my pledge pretty simple-for me anyway-this year. I wanted to restyle and rework pieces I’m not wearing regularly. While MMM is NOT a photo challenge, I did film and photograph my daily looks throughout the month. That part I am glad to be done with! I don’t know that I’ll repeat that next year- it was SO much work. But I do love seeing the results!
“I Rebecca at Sew Pomona pledge to wear my handmade wardrobe every day, working on redefining my style throughout May 2023”
This is my 10th year taking part in the challenge and I love how much I learn every year. My wardrobe is now almost entirely handmade, but I find the styling aspect incredibly helpful for my handmade wardrobe.
Here’s the link below to Zo’s blog and podcast if you’d like more information. I love listening to her podcast- so much great info and inspiration. I’ve been following her blog since I started sewing way back when.
Started out the month strong in some favorite pieces. I took advantage of the slightly cooler weather at the beginning of the month to wear some fall pieces before it gets crazy hot here! Florida in summer is not for the feint of heart!
- Day 1 Stripe Tee & Pecan Midi Skirt Burda 116 Midi Skirt & Tee
- Day 2 Grey Blue Stripe Tee and Denim Vintage M4659
- Day 3 Black V-Neck Tee and Dobby Stripe Pant
- Day 4 Lemon Stripe Utu Skirt and Newly made Black Tank Top (Vadar Black Knit from Marcy Tilton)
- Day 5 Linen Lina Tank (knitted way back in 2016) and M4659 Pant worn again with my Striped McCall’s Backpack
We spent a lovely long weekend visiting our parents. Nice change of scenery.
- Day 6: French Blue Knit Tank & Burda 116 Midi Skirt in Mint (unblogged)
- Day 7: New Make 90’s DKNY Vogue 1375 View A (size 12) in Cotton Voile from Marcy Tilton
- Day 8: Copper Tee & Yarn Dyed Blue and Ivory Striped Pants
- Day 9: White Tank (unblogged) and new-ish Christine Johnson Perfect Pant (modified quite a bit) in Navy Ponte
- Day 10: Black V Neck Tee McCall’s 6658 & Organic French Twill White Button Tab Pants
- Day 11 Cream Tank (wearable muslin) with Japanese Crinkle Floral Cotton Skirt
This was my favorite week- my 17th Wedding Anniversary (We’re already planning a cruise for our 20th!) and Mother’s Day! I love that I always get pictures of these two days every year!
- Day 12- Aqua Wrap Skirt Butterick 4659 and Copper ¾ Sleeve Tee
- Day 13- Our 17th Wedding Anniversary Havana Stripe Knit Dress
- Day 14- Mother’s day! Morning at the Beach: 60’s Retro Floral Caftan , Afternoon: V1914 Asymmetrical Tunic and Pant in Teal
- Day 15- Black and White Marcy Tilton Stripe Tee & By Hand London Holly Pants
- Day 16- Kwik Sew 487 Rib Knit Tee Teal & Pecan Burda 116 Midi Skirt
- Day 17 –White Lace Insertion Camisole, Quartz Crop Pant and Dale Knit Top Style Arc
- Day 18 Self Drafted Black Knit Tank & Dobby Stripe Pant and The Sewing Pattern Workshop Salsa Blouse in Double Gauze
This week felt classic and elegant, I was on a roll in lovely makes.
- Day 19 Friday Denim Butterick 4659, White Self-drafted Tank Top, Suzy Furrer Craftsy Class Breton Stripe Wrap Jacket
- Day 20 Saturday Holly White Pants and Lina Knitted Tank in Spruce Linen
- Day 21 Sunday Burda 116 Mint Skirt and Cream Rib Knit Tank (not blogged yet)
- Day 22 Monday Denim B4659 and Pink Rib Knit Tee
- Day 23 Tuesday Floral Japanese Crinkle Skirt and Navy Scoop Neck Tee
- Day 24 Wednesday Zinnia Hemp Muslin Dress V1741
- Day 25 Thursday Seaglass Tulip Hem Pants (self-drafted) and White Tank Top
My Sew-Jo was back at the end of the month and I got really inspired to get stitching! This week I shared a bunch of new makes that I’ll be blogging about soon!
- Day 26 French Blue Knit Tank & Organic French Twill Button Tab Pants
- Day 27 Closet Core Pear Linen Fiona Sundress
- Day 28 Papercut Patterns Tula Pants in Lady McElroy Cruise washed Linen & Pecan Knit True Bias Zoey Tank (New Makes)
- Day 29 Blue and White Stripe Knit Dress (unblogged)
- Day 30 Dobby Black and White Stripe Pant, Black Knit Tank and Papercut Patterns Coppelia Top (new make)
- Day 31Blue and Grey Tee and Burda 108 Pant (short pattern lengthened-wearable muslin/new make) 10oz Japanese Stretch Denim Deadstock – Sky Blue from Core Fabrics
Week 5 MMM Video releasing later today….stay tuned!
Releasing Later Today!
So that’s it! Everything a wore this month. Head over to YouTube to watch the weekly videos for more thoughts on what I was wearing. I feel like this month was a win! I documented everything and realized what I’m missing in my Spring and Summer Wardrobe (tees and lightweight pants/shorts) and what I have plenty of (dressy makes I never wear)!
Hope you all had a fabulous Me Made May! Back soon with new makes and my Summer Sewing Goals. Happy Sewing!