I can hardly believe Me Made May is over already! I’ve still been wearing me made looks the past few days :) Here’s what I wore for the last days of May:
Day 29 Thursday-Wearing one of my first makes- an altered version of the Colette Laurel (unblogged). I made a crossover bodice for nursing and added pleats to the lower half of the dress. Plus a madder dyed sweater in the morning.
Day 30 Friday-Wearing my Grainline Tiny Pocket Tank and Double Gauze Pants at Cambier Park. My little boy’s last day of school and pajama party. I decided I wanted to be just as comfy so this was my look for the day!
Day 31 Saturday-Last day of Me Made May! My newest make a SCBC lemon drop racerback made into a maxi. I dyed this with the leftovers from the Quebracho Rojo dyepot. I wore this to my son’s Preschool graduation. Can’t believe my little boy will be starting kindergarten in the fall! I’m also entering this make into the Dresses contest for Sewing Indie Month over at The Monthly Stitch you can see my post here!
And here’s the recap for the entire month of May:
What I learned from my first MMM:
- I really enjoyed documenting my daily looks and coming up with new outfit configurations.
- As a bonus this month’s sewing was a lot more focused for me as I could see what I was missing in my wardrobe.
- I also realized I have quite a decent sized me made wardrobe going already.
- Other than my dresses (and wearing outfits more than once to take post photos) I had no outfit repeats which really impressed me.
- After working on the Wardrobe Architect series my sewing has become so much more focused and my color palette is really consistent.
- Going forward I can see that I need a few more layering pieces and some more skirts, pants and shorts.
- I also need to rework some pieces in my closet that I chose not to wear this month- I’ve sectioned off part of my closet for these items.
- I also rearranged my closet to have me made clothes on one side and store-bought on the other. Surprisingly it’s already about half and half and I can see that I’ll soon be able to giveaway/refashion most of my RTW pieces as I really do prefer to wear my makes as much as possible.
I loved my first swimwear looks (they still need some fixes before I post them) and can’t wait to make some more. I just ordered some more swimwear fabric in a tie dye gray and antique paisley in gray and cream that I can’t wait to sew up! This month I’ll be busy sewing up looks for some of the contests over at TMS– looking forward to trying out some new indie pattern companies. I’m hoping by next year’s challenge I’ll be to the point where all my clothing, including underwear, will be made by me!
I so enjoyed following everyone on the flickr group, the feeling of community was wonderful! Thanks so much to Zoe for organizing this!
6 responses to “Me Made May: Final days + Recap”
I love your wardrobe! You have such a cohesive sense of style, and I love that so many of your makes are hand-dyed with natural dyes! You’ve definitely inspired me :)
Thanks so much Chantal! I don’t think I realized how cohesive my looks really are until I was wearing them every day :) I love my hand dyed makes, especially since they’re really one of a kind.
You have some amazing you mades! :D
Thank you Laurie! :)
Impressive and inspiring!
Thanks so much!