It’s been a busy summer with both kids home all day and tons of family visiting. I’m a bit amazed by how much sewing I’ve accomplished lately! I thought I better plan out my makes for the rest of the summer since my fabric and pattern stash has grown quite a bit lately. The weather tends to stay warm here until way past December so I’ll be wearing these looks almost all year-long. Hopefully this list will help keep me organized!
- Marcy Tilton Shingle Dress V8904 using Bobby Blues Knit. I made this for the 4th of July, pics coming soon! Best dress ever! So comfy-plus I made it breastfeeding friendly :)
- A look for July’s MonoSewn Challenge over at The Monthly Stitch using two fabrics from Marcy Tilton, but I’m not decided on a pattern yet.
- Lekala Summer Pants 4024 (I won 5 awesome patterns from TMS and Lekala for the Franken Indie contest.) Making these out of the coolest sheer print curtain(all cut out!) possibly for Oonapalooza?
- A rashguard and swim skirt/shorts with Lekala 4199 using Rockywoods UPF 50 White & Heather Turquoise.
- Swim makes for the kids, using some of the fabrics above plus A skull print for Nigel’s board shorts from The Fabric Fairy and Sunscreen50 in Heather Fuchsia for a tankini/rashy for Ami.
- Sunscreen50 Heather Fuchsia
- Finish off my Burda 5/2011 Drawstring pants (I’m making them wide legs, earlier version here) with Vanilla Stripe Linen from Marcy Tilton.
- Make something with my Shibori Shell Wrapped Fabric dyed in madder and overdyed in hibiscus and henna. Some pattern options are shown below, Colette Hawthorn (first make here), Lekala 5899 & V1883 Donna Karan wrap dress. I’d love a second opinion so please comment on which pattern you like best- or another pattern you think would look cool with this fabric!
- Yoga pants for Ami & me using Jalie 3022 and a knit dress using Salme 131. ( I won both patterns from TMS, Salme and Pattern Postie for the Dresses contest!) I need to buy some more knits :)
Below you’ll find my Spring/Summer Sewing Pinterest Board. Follow me on Pinterest to see more :) Happy Summer Sewing!